Financial Accounting Reporting
To focus on the identification and research of accounting issues related to in the petroleum industry in Canada.
- Focusing on the identification and research of issues related to accounting in the petroleum industry in Canada and recommend action to be taken by the Society.
- The actions recommended to the Society may take the form of proposed:
- Interpretation bulletins, research papers, training materials, guest speakers for Society functions, contributions to the Monthly Mailer, or education course development.
- To make recommendations to the Society regarding emerging issues.
- To inform Society members of emerging issues.
- To recommend Interpretation Bulletins, research papers, training materials, guest speakers for Society functions, or education course development related to emerging issues.
- IFRS – ongoing industry research and discussion is currently underway.
- XBRL – monitoring regulatory changes with respect to reporting of financial data
- Oilsands accounting – determine the issues surrounding the accounting for oilsands projects.
If you are interested in joining this committee, have any recommendations for new emerging issues, or would like more information about this committee, please feel free to contact Monique Tenn.